During the Second World War, Aimé decided to modernize the factory and its production techniques using new technologies, and in 1940 changed the brand name of the bicycles from De West-Vlaamsche Leeuw to Flandria.
Immediately after the war Aimé purchased modern machines from America and England, and from then on, new equipment was brought in every year, resulting in increasing efficiency and output.
Demand for bicycles was increasing and a second factory was built in Zwevezele to keep up. By 1952 the company was selling more than 250,000 bicycles annually. Mopeds were added to the Flandria product line, and in the first year of production, more than 25,000 were sold.